Wednesday, February 1, 2012


Last evening when I got into Panajachel I called my friend Louisa and met her where she was having dinner. One of my favorite street vendors, Lucia and her son, Tomas were waiting with Louisa so they could see me. It is so nice to have people whom you don't even speak the same language with so excited to see you. Tomas started yelling my name the instant he saw me coming down the street. Obviously they don't know me that well!! I just love them.
Then we went to Louisa's rented apt and had drinks with 2 other good friends ,Susie and Michael, both who work with MF. We witnessed one of the most beautiful sunsets over the lake from the third fl. apt. Of course it was the one time I did not have a camera with me. So here is the one from tonight which is not spectacular.
Now it is the end of my first full day in Pana. Had a meeting with my property manager then Mayan Families picked me up and we went to check out a water filtration system in San Antonio Polopoafter which I was starving so my friend Michael and I went to The Jasmine Deli for one of my favorite meals....Pollo Melanesa and a Gallo. Can you tell it is all about the food with me.
I returned home and realized I had locked myself out for the very first time. Thank heaven my property mgr. Rene lives close. He brought a key over and let me in. Took a nap then went to dinner at a new place with Michael and Rene. It is a Spanish tapas place and was incredible. Now I am ready to crash.

2 comments:

  1. Connie, how long are you staying? I will be in Pana on the 20th and would love to meet you if you are still there. And would love to know the name and location of the tapas place! Caroline T.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caroline, I leave Feb.25 so we should be able to get together. My group will be here all next week and spend their last night in Antigua and I well then return to Pana on the 20th.

      Delete