Monday, February 20, 2012

Thursday...a fun day

On Thur. those who wanted or felt well enough went to Chichi for a day of shopping in their world famous market. It is a place with so much color it is overwhelming. Lucia, one of my favorite street vendors went with us and was our guide. Lucia was born in Chichi but now lives in Pana.Some stayed at the hotel to tend to a couple that were not feeling well. And four went with Michael, a MF volunteer, and did a construction project. When I get some pics of that I will add them.


We first went to their very colorful cemetery which resulted in us having to hike back up a very steep street. UGH!! Some of us were huffing and puffing by the time we got back up to the market area.
We went in the min church and when I saw Ann lighting a candle it was such a great picture that I took one before I remembered your not suppose to take pics in the church...OOOPS! The quickly reminded me.
Then once again there was a great boost to the economy in Chichi.
The boys and Jessica spent the day elping Michael and Carlos in the wood shop. It looks like they had a great time.




In the evening we had a dinner at me Casa.
There was great food and a wonderful camaraderie that comes from a shared experience. We realize how blessed our lives our when we view true poverty and see that even with so very little these people still have joy in their hearts. Who are we to complain about anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment