Saturday, February 4, 2012

Not a lot of excitement going on to post about. Just been dealing with issues at my condo. But last evening my friend Louise and I were headed to have dinner...we were going to go to the market but it started to rain hard so we opted for food and drink instead. Seemed like a good solution. As we were dashing in the rain to the restaurant we had decided on we ran into one of the students I sponsor and her mom. Since my friend has a much better grasp of the Spanish language than I do...I know I know what is my problem...it just hasn't stuck yet what can I say....I was able to invite them to dinner with us.
This was there first time to ever eat in a restaurant. It cost me less than $30 including tip for the three of us for what you and I take for granted and will be a lasting memory for them. They seemed to have such a good time and we certainly did. Rosalyn is so beautiful and sweet and they both laughed a lot since Louise and I can be a bit loco..okay a lot loco. The sad part is that her sister, Estefania whom I also sponsor, was not with them. I'll just have to catch her the next time. They did have plenty of left overs to take home to share so that was good.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Connie! Sounds amazing. What small tools/supplies/duct tape might be needed in addition to clothes and shoes and soap and shampoo?

    ReplyDelete