Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Back in Paradise

The first picture is the tubs I have for Mayan Families.
This is the view from my hotel room.

At least it is my paradise. Got into GUA about 3:30 but since I was spending the night in Antigua, Guatemala and it is only a 45 min. drive I decided to take the tourist shuttle. EGADSS ..3 hrs later I arrived at my hotel.He had to wait until he had at least 4 people so that took an hour and a half so by then it was rush hour traffic which made the 45 min. drive another hour and a half.
By the time I arrived at my hotel it was dark and all I could think of was to get changed and hit the streets..for food. I had one of my very favorites...Caldo Real (traditional Guat chicken soup) and a Gallo ( local beer). Life is good. Please don't mistake that this is chicken soup like you have never had.YUM
By that time I needed sleep. This morning I showered..for some reason no hot water last night..and went on the hunt for saldo (minutes) for my phone then to a safe ATM. Armed with danero (money) onto Cafe Contessa for breakfast.

I've done some of my necessary shopping and some un-necessary. Now I am sitting in Frieda's Cafe on my 2nd margarita...again life is good...waiting for my ride to pick me up for the two and a half hour drive to Panajachel (Pana). To Kara...I am sitting at our table in front of the Frieda Jukebox. The picture below is not Frieda's..just one of those sweet sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment