Sunday, October 23, 2011

Departure Day

It's the day of departure and we are doing it in shifts. First of all Dave and Beth went to Guatemala City yesterday after having lunch with us and visiting the convent/hotel. Beth had made arrangements to have dinner at Hotel Barcelo with the family that fostered her son Will until the adoption went through. I hear they had a wonderful time together. Getting up at 4 in the morning is painful but I got 4 of them off then. The remaining 5 had breakfast with Sherry and I then their ride arrived and we saw them off. I think I forgot to mention that Joy and Gladys along with Gladys' sister stayed in Pana to take Spanish lesson for another week.
Sherry and I are staying another night to relax and do some last minute shopping.....because heaven knows we haven't done enough by now. Sherry and I ended our day with a shuttle up to one of the hills overlooking Antigua. It is another property of the convent/hotel that we heard about today that has a great sculpture garden and views of the town. There is also a restaurant and bar . We had a drink then headed back to our room at Hotel Los Bucaros. We had a wonderful day and are ready to get back home tomorrow. It is always hard to leave the highlands so the only thing that makes it bearable is that I know I will return.

No comments:

Post a Comment