Sunday, October 23, 2011

Day 6 Fri.


The sun is shining and it is a very welcome site. Some of us met at the coffee shop then proceeded to the used Quipil market. At 9:00 in the morning a part of the group joined my friend Michael who took them on a down hill hike that gives the most beautiful views of the lake. They hiked to San Antonio Polopo and visited the pottery shop. They took a launcha to Santa Catarina and had lunch at the hotel there. After that they took a pickup back to Pana.
I stayed in Pana so that I could be with my dear friend Nelda while she met her sponsored student. What a pleasure that was. He is one of the nicest and sweetest boys I have ever met. He is a perfect gentleman and such a sweet boy. I am so glad to have met him. His mother is very talented and so out of necessity she is an excellent beader and weaver and she also sews. She brought us gifts of her many talents. I was very blessed to be a recipient of her talents.
Then I met up with one of my favorite vendors and took him to lunch so we could go through his inventory. Juan is the most delightful person and so kind. He loves to show you pictures of his two girls and his wife who makes the jewelry he sells on the street out of his backpack. This is how they put food on the table. With not so many tourist this is not easy. He is always grateful when my groups are in town...along with all the other street vendors.
At the end of the day we all met at El Bistro for a lovely supper....tired but happy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment